Dog Plus Attitude Equals Dogitude
Dog got dogitude? You’re in the right place!
After 15 years in the dog walking business, I understand the problems many dog owners face trying to manage their dog’s spirited outdoor behavior. A barking, growling dog who pulls you down the street can turn an ordinary dog walk into a nightmare. I experienced this personally last year when I adopted my foster dog, Barnaby.
Barnaby and his mother had been living with an animal hoarder who surrendered them to a local shelter when he was 15 months old. According to the shelter, the dogs were kept outdoors and were not socialized or trained. Barnaby was eventually adopted and rehomed several times after that because of his fiery behavior towards other dogs.
As I worked with Barnaby to overcome his past, I realized that his behavior is quite common. Almost everyone I shared his story with knew someone who had a dog with similar issues. In most cases these are not bad dogs, they’re simply energetic dogs who were never trained to be well-mannered in public. As a result, their behavior is aggressive and their confidence is low. Most of these dogs can become good canine citizens with the right training, and can develop the confidence they need to feel good about themselves and their place in the community.
Here’s what you’ll find on our site:
- The Walking Doggies’ store features the best, most innovative, gear for managing your dog’s outdoor behavior.
- You’ll find articles and videos in our resource center provided by a respected team of professional dog trainers.
- Each article includes a section where you can post comments and share experiences with other dog owners. We can even notify you when new comments are posted so you can follow a particular topic.
- Every month our staff reviews new products in the marketplace that we feel are best of breed.
- Finally, because spirited dogs like to show off their unique style, we offer a collection of pretentiously offbeat and edgy clothing, accessories and bling!
We hope you find out website helpful. Thanks very much for visiting Walking Doggies,
Remember, adopt, don’t shop. Give a homeless dog a chance.
Disclosure: We are affiliate marketers with links to online retailers, and we receive a small compensation from the purchase of products on our site. This in no way affects our product selection. We choose products that we sincerely feel will help dogs and their owners live better lives.