Traditional Chinese Remedies Can Help to Improve Your Dog’s Health
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) good nutrition is a balance of natural,whole foods. A colorful mix of foods indicates varying nutrients that keep the body balanced and healthy. Chinese Medicine uses food as Medicine to prevent and treat illness and disease. I try to vary Murphy’s diet based on this theory. He has his favorite foods, of course, but I’m usually able to sneak in some colorful fruits and veggies to expand his diet.
Some interesting facts about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- In TCM the body is looked at as a whole unit, since every organ in the body interacts with every other organ, rather than just looking at the kidneys, heart or liver individually.
- Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) is an ancient form of Holistic medicine that has evolved over several thousand years.
- Many conventional Western veterinary treatments only treat the symptoms of an illness or disease. Chinese medicine helps the body heal from within by looking for a long-term change.
These Chinese herbs help to build a strong immune system:
- Jiang Huang – Medicinal grade turmeric/curcumin
- Astragalus – Part of the legume family
- Yin Chen Hao – Sweet Wormwood
- Pu Gong Ying – Dandelion