Murphy’s Holistic Cocktail, November 2019
If you’re reading this, you probably have a dog with dementia or you know someone who does. Please remember, This is Murphy’s journey. His healthcare and supplement protocol are specific to him. Please use his journey as a guidepost, not a hitching post. Do your own research. Speak to your veterinarian if your dog has signs of canine dementia and check with your vet before changing your dog’s food or adding supplements. Every dog is different and what works for one may not work for another.
With that clearly said, here is Murphy’s current holistic cocktail:
- Animal Essentials Heart Health (heart disease and dementia)
- Dr. Joseph Mercola’s Eye Support (eye care)
- Essiac Tea Tonic (immune support)
- Glandex (anal gland health)
- HomeoPet COUGH (inflammation, heart disease, tracheal collapse)
- Nuleaf CBD Oil (immune support)
- Primal Raw Goat Milk (nutritional support)
- Senilife (dementia)
- Thuja Occidentalis (warts)
- Turmeric (anti-inflammatory)
- VetriScience Cardio Strength (heart disease)
The CBD Oil and Heart Health are given to Murphy by mouth. I mix the Thuja Occidentalis with a bit of peanut butter and give it to him as a treat. He loves the raw goat milk and drinks it from a bowl. The rest of the supplements are mixed into a few teaspoons of organic pumpkin (not the pie filing!) and administered by syringe.
This supplement cocktail is effective as of November 2019. Occasionally I experiment with additional supplements and I’ll note those changes as they occur.