Medicinal Mushrooms: How These Natural Fungi Can Heal What Ails Your Senior Dog
Many natural healers regard mushrooms as the primary source of a unique group of nutrients that can enhance and protect our health and well-being. Some healers even consider mushrooms to have equal, if not greater, healing power than herbs and spices.
Mushrooms were used in folk medicine before the use of pharmaceuticals for over 2,000 years for their immune-enhancing, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-tumor and antiviral properties.
Medicinal mushrooms that are typically used in supplementation include:
- Reishi – Helps blood pressure, immune system support
- Lion’s Mane – Supports the brain and nervous system
- Agaricus Blazei – Cardiovascular support
- Turkey Tail – Immune system support, modulates cell growth
- Cordyceps – Immune system and heart support
- King Trumpet (also known as King Oyster) – Destroys parasites
- Shiitake – Cardiovascular support, calms inflammation
- Chaga – Immune system support
- Maitake – Regulates blood sugar, aids digestion
- Antrodia – Immune system and liver support