HOW TO BAKE DOG-FRIENDLY TREATS
How do you celebrate your dog’s birthday? If you plan to give your dog a birthday cake or cookies, remember not to feed your pup anything from the human bakery. Try this simple recipe with dog friendly ingredients that can be used for cookies or a cake. Decorate with yogurt icing.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter (Xylitol-free)
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter and milk. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Remember that dogs cannot eat human foods such as chocolate or macadamia nuts.
Courtesy of American Kennel Club