CELEBRATE YOUR ADOPTED DOG’S “GOTCHA DAY”
Walking Doggies is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Millions of dogs in shelters are euthanized due to overpopulation. Adopting a homeless dog not only saves them, it gives them a chance to live a happy, dignified life.
Celebrate your dog’s “Gotcha Day.” It’s a good reminder of the life you saved and the bond you share. Visit our fashion pages for a special outfit for this special occasion!
8 great ways to celebrate your dog’s adoption day:
- Share your dog’s adoption story and encourage others your know to adopt a homeless dog.
- Create a fundraiser in honor of your dog and invite friends and family to donate.
- Bake some home-made, dog-friendly treats, feed your dog’s his favorite food and enjoy a family meal to celebrate the day.
- Spend some quality time pampering your dog with new toys and favorite food and treats.
- Post your dog’s adoption story and lots of cute pictures of your dog on social media.
- Pay it forward and volunteer at the shelter or rescue organization you adopted your dog from.
- Treat your dog to a spa day to celebrate the day. Bathing and brushing your dog is a calming, bonding experience.
- Make the day all about your dog by honoring his or her favorite things to do, favorite food, and favorite people.